Petrillo & Goldberg
Excels for our clients
Talk to an Attorney
Get a Free Case Evaluation

How do I file for workers’ compensation in Pennsylvania?

When an employee suffers a workplace or work-related injury, their exclusive remedy for compensation, in Pennsylvania, is to file a workers’ compensation claim. The employee must seek medical care to support the injury claim. Depending on the severity of the injury, the employee may have to miss days from work. Remember to keep all the medical records and bills as this will help determine the full extent of your injuries.

To begin the claims process, the employee must notify their employer of the injury. You have 120 days from the injury date or the date that the employee became aware of or should have known of the injury. Failure to give notice to the employee within 120 days will result in the employee not receiving compensation.  

If the employer denies the claim, the employee can file a workers’ compensation claim with the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Bureau. The employee has three years from the injury date or the discovery of the injury to file a petition with the Bureau.

Other Frequently Asked Questions:

Call US AT 856.486.4343

I have dealt with other law firms, and there is no comparison. It is an honor to know you and I must say, that I have the highest regard for your integrity.

- Lance Zeaman


Meet our Attorneys

The highly competent lawyers at Petrillo and Goldberg represent clients with personal injury claims, workers compensation claims, slip-and-fall cases and automobile accident victims. We work for you, and take our job of getting the best possible results for you seriously.

Scott M. Goldberg


Steven Petrillo


Scott D. Schulman


Jeff Thiel