Petrillo & Goldberg
Excels for our clients
Talk to an Attorney
Get a Free Case Evaluation


How long do I have to report a work-related injury in Pennsylvania?

Work-related accidents include falling, slipping, improper lifting of heavy objects, motor vehicles accidents, and falling objects. If an employee is injured in a work accident, their only option is to file a worker’s compensation claim. Although sometimes an employee may have caused his own accident, worker’s compensation is a no-fault insurance. Therefore, even if the employee caused or contributed to his accident, he may still receive compensation for his injury. In order to remain eligible for worker’s compensation benefits, after the accident, the employee must notify the employer of the injury.

The notice must inform the employer that an employee’s injury occurred in the course of employment and contain the specific time and location of the accident. New Jersey sets forth a statute of limitation to notify the employee of the accident. If the injured employee fails to give notice to the employer within 120 days from the date or discovery of the injury, he will not be allowed to receive compensation.

Other Frequently Asked Questions:

Call US AT 856.486.4343

I have dealt with other law firms, and there is no comparison. It is an honor to know you and I must say, that I have the highest regard for your integrity.

- Lance Zeaman


Meet our Attorneys

The highly competent lawyers at Petrillo and Goldberg represent clients with personal injury claims, workers compensation claims, slip-and-fall cases and automobile accident victims. We work for you, and take our job of getting the best possible results for you seriously.

Scott M. Goldberg


Steven Petrillo


Scott D. Schulman


Jeff Thiel