Petrillo & Goldberg
Excels for our clients
Talk to an Attorney
Get a Free Case Evaluation

I was injured at work in New Jersey, but I don’t think my employer reported the accident to the insurance carrier. What do I do?

There are two things you could do in a situation like this. You can either file a claim or contact a workers’ compensation lawyer directly.

In New Jersey, businesses are required to show proof of insurance at the work location. However, insurance information can also be verified by contacting the Compensation Rating and Inspection Bureau.

In a situation like this, it is best if you discuss your case with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. Your attorney can find out if your employer is insured, and if so, the carrier decides what entitlements you could receive. If your workplace is self-insured then the employer determines your eligibility, once they have investigated your compensation claim.

In either situation, if you feel you have not received fair compensation benefits, you have the option to take legal action to obtain fair benefits. It is a good idea to retain a knowledgeable workers’ compensation attorney to represent you in a situation like this. They know the process intimately and how to help your fight for equitable compensation.

Other Frequently Asked Questions:


I have dealt with other law firms, and there is no comparison. It is an honor to know you and I must say, that I have the highest regard for your integrity.

- Lance Zeaman



Meet our attorneys

The highly competent lawyers at Petrillo and Goldberg represent clients with personal injury claims, workers compensation claims, slip-and-fall cases and automobile accident victims. We work for you, and take our job of getting the best possible results for you seriously.