Petrillo & Goldberg
Excels for our clients
Talk to an Attorney
Get a Free Case Evaluation
Close

I was involved in a motor vehicle accident, and I do not think that it was entirely my fault. Will this affect the amount of damages I receive?

In a comparative negligence state such as New Jersey, the degree of fault attributed to each party is dependent on the extent to which each driver was responsible for the accident. If the court finds that you were 40% negligent, and the other party was 60% negligent, then the defendant would be liable for 60% of your damages. Thus, if the total amount of your damages was $100,000, then the defendant would be liable for $60,000 of your damages.

Other Frequently Asked Questions

Call US AT 856.486.4343
TESTIMONIAL

I have dealt with other law firms, and there is no comparison. It is an honor to know you and I must say, that I have the highest regard for your integrity.

- Lance Zeaman

TRUST

Meet our Attorneys

The highly competent lawyers at Petrillo and Goldberg represent clients with personal injury claims, workers compensation claims, slip-and-fall cases and automobile accident victims. We work for you, and take our job of getting the best possible results for you seriously.

Scott M. Goldberg

PROFILE

Steven Petrillo

PROFILE

Scott D. Schulman

PROFILE

Jeff Thiel

PROFILE