Petrillo & Goldberg
Excels for our clients
Talk to an Attorney
Get a Free Case Evaluation

If I have a new employer, and I suffered an injury at my previous job, may I still file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits?

Yes, you can. However, you must make a claim against your prior employer. In addition, the claim is required to be made within the two-year statutory period. All compensation payments will be made at the rates set forth with your previous employer.

Your prior employer should inform their insurance carrier right away in order for a First Report of Injury to be filed with the state. The carrier will then perform an evaluation of the claim and decide whether it is compensable under the workers’ compensation law.

Other Frequently Asked Questions


I have dealt with other law firms, and there is no comparison. It is an honor to know you and I must say, that I have the highest regard for your integrity.

- Lance Zeaman



Meet our attorneys

The highly competent lawyers at Petrillo and Goldberg represent clients with personal injury claims, workers compensation claims, slip-and-fall cases and automobile accident victims. We work for you, and take our job of getting the best possible results for you seriously.