Petrillo & Goldberg
Excels for our clients
Talk to an Attorney
Get a Free Case Evaluation

If my condition gets worse after I am awarded workers’ compensation, can I get more benefits?

New Jersey provides a procedure to reopen your case if your condition gets worse after a workers’ compensation award or settlement. You must present evidence that your disability has increased since the award or settlement. You need to present medical evidence of your condition now and at the time of the initial award or settlement.

You must seek to reopen the award or settlement within two years of your last workers’ compensation payment. You cannot reopen a settlement (Section 20 settlement) that pays you a lump sum and requires you to waive your right to reopen the case.

Other Frequently Asked Questions:


I have dealt with other law firms, and there is no comparison. It is an honor to know you and I must say, that I have the highest regard for your integrity.

- Lance Zeaman



Meet our attorneys

The highly competent lawyers at Petrillo and Goldberg represent clients with personal injury claims, workers compensation claims, slip-and-fall cases and automobile accident victims. We work for you, and take our job of getting the best possible results for you seriously.