Petrillo & Goldberg
Excels for our clients
Talk to an Attorney
Get a Free Case Evaluation

My employer’s physician says that I can return to work. However, my doctor disagrees. What should I do?

If the doctor chosen by your employer says you can return to work, you are entitled to request a second opinion. If a second physician disagrees with the first, you can file an appeal with the workers’ compensation board. The board may direct the insurance carrier to pay the expenses of the extra medical treatment recommended by the second doctor.

The objective of workers’ compensation is to help a worker recover from an injury and go back to work. However, a workers’ compensation insurer has a financial interest in your return to work because this means that your benefit payments will end.

Other Frequently Asked Questions:


I have dealt with other law firms, and there is no comparison. It is an honor to know you and I must say, that I have the highest regard for your integrity.

- Lance Zeaman



Meet our attorneys

The highly competent lawyers at Petrillo and Goldberg represent clients with personal injury claims, workers compensation claims, slip-and-fall cases and automobile accident victims. We work for you, and take our job of getting the best possible results for you seriously.