Petrillo & Goldberg
Excels for our clients
Talk to an Attorney
Get a Free Case Evaluation

What am I required to do if I am injured at work?

According to the New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Act, an employee must inform his or her employer of any injury that took place at work. An employee who suffered an injury in the workplace has a maximum of 90 days in which to report the accident. The employee should complete an accident report directly after the occurrence of the injury.

Notice of the injury should be given to the employee’s supervisor, human resources office, or someone in a position of authority at the company. It is not required to be in writing. If the employee requires medical treatment, the employee should ask the employer about medical care as soon as possible. Under the New Jersey Worker’s Compensation law, the employer or its insurance carrier can choose the doctors who will treat workers for injuries that occurred in the workplace.

Other Frequently Asked Questions:


I have dealt with other law firms, and there is no comparison. It is an honor to know you and I must say, that I have the highest regard for your integrity.

- Lance Zeaman



Meet our attorneys

The highly competent lawyers at Petrillo and Goldberg represent clients with personal injury claims, workers compensation claims, slip-and-fall cases and automobile accident victims. We work for you, and take our job of getting the best possible results for you seriously.