Petrillo & Goldberg
Excels for our clients
Talk to an Attorney
Get a Free Case Evaluation

What will be the result if I need further treatment, and the Workers’ Compensation physician refuses to treat me?

According to the New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Act, the workers’ compensation insurance carrier is under an obligation to pay your medical expenses until you attain Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI). You will then have to file a Motion for Medical Benefits with the Court.

There is a possibility that you will have a trial regarding the necessity for further medical treatment. A trial for medical treatment can last for months in spite of the dire need for treatment. You should be aware that securing medical treatment through a workers’ compensation carrier can be a lengthy and prolonged process.

Other Frequently Asked Questions:


I have dealt with other law firms, and there is no comparison. It is an honor to know you and I must say, that I have the highest regard for your integrity.

- Lance Zeaman



Meet our attorneys

The highly competent lawyers at Petrillo and Goldberg represent clients with personal injury claims, workers compensation claims, slip-and-fall cases and automobile accident victims. We work for you, and take our job of getting the best possible results for you seriously.