Petrillo & Goldberg
Excels for our clients
Talk to an Attorney
Get a Free Case Evaluation

Who decides which physicians I see for my workplace injury or occupational disease?

Under the workers’ compensation law in New Jersey, there is a managed health care system. Thus, your employer or their workers’ compensation insurance carrier determines what type of treatment you receive. If you suffer an injury or an occupational disease, you should ask your employer or their workers’ compensation carrier for the name of a physician from whom to obtain treatment.

If you visit a doctor on your own or seek treatment other than the type of treatment you receive in an emergency room, in all likelihood, you will have to pay those medical bills. This is the case even if you have personal health insurance, which may expect reimbursement from you.

Other Frequently Asked Questions:


I have dealt with other law firms, and there is no comparison. It is an honor to know you and I must say, that I have the highest regard for your integrity.

- Lance Zeaman



Meet our attorneys

The highly competent lawyers at Petrillo and Goldberg represent clients with personal injury claims, workers compensation claims, slip-and-fall cases and automobile accident victims. We work for you, and take our job of getting the best possible results for you seriously.