Petrillo: What cases go to trial and what cases resolve outside of court? Do cases resolve outside of court?
Goldberg: Well, the short answer is yes. Statistically, most cases, the overwhelming number of cases that come before us do settle beforehand. Which cases settle? There’s no way of knowing. So what our philosophy has always been is that when we bring in a case, we want to make sure it’s a legitimate case, where there is liability, meaning somebody else has wronged someone and from a legal place, there is a reason to bring a lawsuit, and then that there’s damages that aren’t minor, that aren’t of a limited basis, that are of substantial basis. If those two things are there, we believe it has merit. We prepare each case as if each case is going to go to trial. Most cases don’t, but we’re ready for those cases that do.
Other Video FAQs:
- Are Second Opinions Possible in a Workers’ Compensation Claim?
- Can I Still Work If I Have An Active Personal Injury Case?
- Can the Defense Attorney Get Access to My Social Media Information?
- Is It Expensive To Go To Trial?
- Is There Auto Insurance That Protects The Victim and the Members of His or Her Family If They Are Involved In An Accident With Someone Who Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What are Temporary Disability Benefits?
- What Happens At the Initial Interview With the Client?
- What Is A Lien?
- What is a New Jersey Certified Civil Trial Attorney?
- What Is A No-Fault Insurance State?
- What is a Permanent Disability Award?
- What is a Re-Opener in a Workers’ Compensation Claim?
- What is Light Duty? What Happens If My Employer Doesn’t Have a Job For Me?
- What Is the Difference Between A Certified Civil Trial Attorney and A Non-Certified Civil Attorney?
- What is the likelihood that my personal injury lawsuit will go to trial?
- What Will Happen If My Case Goes to Trial? What If There Is or Isn’t A Settlement Offer?
- Which Cases Go to Trial? Do Cases Resolve Outside of Court?
- Who Pays For My Medical Bills If I Get Injured While Working?
- Why Are They Digging Up My Past During Litigation?
- Why Do Personal Injury Cases Take So Long?
- Why Hasn’t My Attorney Returned My Call?
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney Scott D. Schulman Interview
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer on Complexities and Processes of a Workers’ Comp Case
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer on Legal Advertising