Petrillo & Goldberg
Excels for our clients
Talk to an Attorney
Get a Free Case Evaluation

What if I can never return to work because of my injury?

If you can not go back to work because of the injuries you suffered at work, your employer’s insurer should pay for the cost of your receipt of vocational rehabilitation therapy. If vocational rehabilitation therapy does not result in your return to work, you may have a right to receive permanent disability benefits.

In the event you are unable to completely recover from your injury or illness, you may have to accept “light duty” or diminished responsibilities at your prior workplace. In this scenario, workers’ compensation benefits should compensate you for some of the difference between the pay of your new job and your previous position. If you are never able to return to work, you should receive permanent total disability wage-replacement benefits.

Other Frequently Asked Questions:


I have dealt with other law firms, and there is no comparison. It is an honor to know you and I must say, that I have the highest regard for your integrity.

- Lance Zeaman



Meet our attorneys

The highly competent lawyers at Petrillo and Goldberg represent clients with personal injury claims, workers compensation claims, slip-and-fall cases and automobile accident victims. We work for you, and take our job of getting the best possible results for you seriously.