Petrillo & Goldberg
Excels for our clients
Talk to an Attorney
Get a Free Case Evaluation

Where else can I look for income benefits after suffering an injury at work?

If your employer believes you were not injured at work or you did not suffer a serious injury, they may determine that you do not have a right to receive temporary total benefits. However, you may contact the Temporary Disability Bureau (TDB). The TDB benefits start on the eighth consecutive day and continue for a maximum of 26 months.

In order to qualify for the benefits, the employee is required to be treating with a physician, who is not required to be an authorized physician. In addition, the physician must mandate that the employee be absent from work.

Upon the decision of the doctor to have the employee return to work, there will be a cessation of benefits. If it is possible that your injury will prevent you from returning to work after 26 months have elapsed, you may be eligible to receive Social Security Disability.

Other Frequently Asked Questions:


I have dealt with other law firms, and there is no comparison. It is an honor to know you and I must say, that I have the highest regard for your integrity.

- Lance Zeaman



Meet our attorneys

The highly competent lawyers at Petrillo and Goldberg represent clients with personal injury claims, workers compensation claims, slip-and-fall cases and automobile accident victims. We work for you, and take our job of getting the best possible results for you seriously.