Petrillo & Goldberg
Excels for our clients
Talk to an Attorney
Get a Free Case Evaluation

Following a motor vehicle accident, when and how can I obtain my personal belongings from the vehicle?

You should secure all of your personal and valuable possessions, and remove them from the vehicle at the site of the crash. If you are unable to do so, you should call the police department and/or towing company to schedule a time at which you can remove your personal property.

Prior to going to your vehicle, you should contact the police department and/or towing company to discover the precise location of the vehicle, and the days and times when your vehicle will be accessible. Additionally, ask them whether you will have to provide any documentation in order to remove your possessions or the vehicle from the impound site. Some police departments have a regulation that you acquire a release from them prior to removing a vehicle or any property from a vehicle that was impounded or towed.

Other Frequently Asked Questions


I have dealt with other law firms, and there is no comparison. It is an honor to know you and I must say, that I have the highest regard for your integrity.

- Lance Zeaman



Meet our attorneys

The highly competent lawyers at Petrillo and Goldberg represent clients with personal injury claims, workers compensation claims, slip-and-fall cases and automobile accident victims. We work for you, and take our job of getting the best possible results for you seriously.